|QC Holdings Inc.,is a publicly traded, industry-leading financial services provider. We have specialized in providing customer-focused, convenient financial solutions that meet the immediate needs of mainstream Americans for over 25 years. We have over 400 retail locations in 24 states.
We have an immediate DATA ANALYST opening in our Corporate office in the Overland Park area.
Primary Responsibilities include:
Working closely with Management to analyze data across all products and lines of business within the organization. Building and leading a robust analytics practice and process within the organization.
The data analyst will analyze our internal large data sets to discover trends, identify performance metrics and uncover optimization opportunities. This position will use machine learning algorithms and statistical methods to improve and change our internal processes. Additionally, the analyst will work within our internal databases and be responsible for extract, transform, load (ETL) jobs that optimize internal data reporting and analytics.
The ideal candidate must be able to analyze data in a way that is easy to understand and consume on a regular basis by senior level members of the organization. Also, provide ideas for testing and best practice methodology for analyzing data.
|SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Experience with general econometric techniques and concepts. (multiple regression, logistic regression, robust standard errors)
- Experience with scripting into a statistical processing engine (SAS, SPSS, R) (R is preferred)
- Bachelors required. Degree focus in information technology, the sciences, or mathematics.
- Some experience with writing queries in a common SQL implementation (MSSQL, MySQL, and Oracle).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong SQL writing skills, and knowledge of query optimization techniques.
- Experience implementing machine learning technology to create robust predictive models.
- Experience reporting and simplifying results of high level statistical analysis to executives.
- Understanding of good software design and architecture principles.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Hypothesis testing: being able to develop hypothesis and test them with careful experiments.